Full Time Shop Machinist – Hudson, OH
We are seeking a Machinist to join our team! You will repair a variety of machines and mechanical instruments.
- Operate machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments
- Modify parts and materials to improve overall production
- Test completed equipment to detect and remove defects
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Work with the pump shop personnel on completing monthly projects by following their lead at times, as well as taking the lead as experience dictates direction of a job/project.
- Manage material inventory, working with purchasing to ensure material is available when needed.
- Must have your own tools up to 4” being micrometers & scales
- 10 years of experience in machinery
- Manual Lathes : Turning , boring , threading , tool post grinding. (required skills)
- Manual Milling : Horizontal Boring mills, K&T horizontal mill, small vertical mills (Bridgeport style) (required Skills)
- VTL: vertical turning and boring 54”table (required skills)
- Surface grinding 14×48 Norton Hydraulic (required skills)
- Planer: 48” x 144” Hydra drive bridge planer ( skills are a plus but not required)
- Warner and Swasey 2A turret lathe (skills are a plus, but not required)
- Various machine shop related measuring equipment
- Familiarity machine tools and equipment
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
In order to apply for any position with APOPC it's required you download the form on this page and fill it out completely and accurately and send it back to us.
Once completed you can send your filled out application form to:
- Name: Kim Burk
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org