Sales Application Engineer – Hudson, OH
APO Pumps & Compressors LLC, we are focused on utilizing our experience & resources to provide compressed air or pump systems and solutions to improve our customer’s plant productivity and reliability. We are the leading compressed air and pump sales, service and rental organization in the state of Ohio.
To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Sales Applications Engineer is to provide technical and administrative support to Outside Sales in the application and sales of Air Compressors and Pumps.
Additional responsibilities for learning and developing advanced knowledge of products, sales techniques and methodology, customer applications, competitive offerings and general company management philosophies.
- Coordinates Inside Sales functions related to the sale of complete machines and related parts and accessories.
- Maintains active proposal quote logs and files.
- Completes quotes and proposals under direction of sales or management personnel.
- Handles invoicing of complete machines and completes outside purchase orders.
- Maintains active order files, sales literature, and complete machine inventory files.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and walk-in customers.
- Advises Outside Sales personnel of all activities in their territories relative to business or competitive activity.
- Prepares sales and activity reports, presentations, studies and research as directed by management.
- Assists outside sales team in executing and achieving their territory and market business plans.
- Creates and implements advertising, mailers, and programs to increase and improve sales of specific air compressors or accessories including direct mail, ad copy, customer loyalty marketing programs and dealer development programs.
- Resolves internal and external technical support requests or issues related to product selection, application, specification, installation, etc.
- Extensive interaction with customers and team via phone and email.
- Maintains expert level of product knowledge and of dealer programs including pricing changes, promotions, referrals and communications.
- Resolves customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintains professional business relationships with target or assigned accounts.
- Is cross-trained to assist in service or parts department as required.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
Necessary and desirable qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proven ability to build and maintain high quality, long term and professional business relationships with clients, customers, suppliers and other employees/team members.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with successful utilization of PC and corresponding software applications (MS Office)
- High passion, energy, drive, and intelligence
- High levels of initiative and inquisitiveness
- Excellent skills in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to solve problems in a constructive and positive manner
- Education (degree(s) required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business.
- Experience (years of experience required)
- Degree may be substituted with 10 years of related experience.
- 3–5 Years in Application Engineering, Customer Service and Inside Sales
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
In order to apply for any position with APOPC it's required you download the form on this page and fill it out completely and accurately and send it back to us.
Once completed you can send your filled out application form to:
- Name: Kim Burk
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org